Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Easy or hard take your pick!


While I was out on a walk today and it was a bit cold and I even saw a few snow flakes. As I came to the half way point of my walk I had two choices. I could take a shorter route which I was still sure I'd get my 10,000 steps in for the day or I could go the longer way.

I honestly talked to myself for a couple of minutes and thought to myself "you know when you step on the scale will you be happy with yourself because you worked hard this week no matter what the scale says or will you shake your head because the scale isn't showing what you want to see plus you know you could have done more?"

Well I chose the longer route and as someone I know says "you never regret a great workout"! Isn't that the truth.

Easy or hard can come in many forms.

Do you weigh and measure even though it takes a couple of extra minutes?
Do you workout even when sitting on the couch would be easier?
Do you take those stairs just to get an added boost to your day?
Do you say no to food pushers when you aren't hungry, have your food planned and it doesn't include junk?
Sometimes the easiest thing to say is yes but stop and think which direction that action will lead you to.

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 turkey sausage, kale, mushrooms, 1/2 serving of my Giant gingerbread recipe made into 2 small muffins with 2 tsp becel pro active margarine and yogurt 8sp

Lunch: kale salad with 2 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, endive leaves with turkey, sf cranberry sauce and jalepeno's 5sp

Dinner: pc free from English Banger sausage, 1/2 c vegetarian baked beans, peppers and onions and a mandarin orange 11sp

Other: kefir, cream for coffees and a mini blueberry muffin 6sp

Total sp used: 30/30
Total weekly sp used: 0/28
Fit points earned: 12
Fit points balance: 32


No comments: