Saturday, October 10, 2015

Do what feels comfortable for you!

I love to read about how other people are eating/losing weight. I usually find hints that I employ in my own journey to health.

I really do believe that there is no one way to do things for everyone. What works for one may not work for someone else.

So try new things maybe that's just the thing that will help you to stay on track, but don't just do what everyone else does if it's not working. You need to do what is sustainable for you. What you can live with for the long term.

Today and tomorrow I have weird shifts at work. 6pm - 10pm. I switched with someone so they could have Thanksgiving dinner with family. Yes it's Thanksgiving here in Canada.

I have to come clean. Eating mindfully with no distraction is one of the hardest things I've done in a while. So therefore it's something I'm going to be working on for a while because I do think it's a great tool to being satisfied and enjoying your food. When you slow down because you have no distractions you are definitely more aware of how much/what your eating.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!
Exercise: walked/ran 52 minutes, biked for 45 minutes with the hubs and I worked on my feet for 4 hours

Stopped and did some incline pushups on this tree trunk :)

Breakfast: egg, sausage, kale, kimchi, plain Greek yogurt with raspberries, coffee with organic cream, coconut oil and xyla for sweetener

Lunch: tuna salad, cucumber, green peppers, beets, banana and avocado key lime salsa

Dinner: shrimp, salad, pc pear and walnut vinaigrette, avocado

Other: 2 tbsp organic kefir for probiotics, raw almonds



No comments: