Saturday, August 1, 2015

Won't run out of veggies for a while

Well I had a very productive day today!

First I woke up early so I could go to the farmers market where I scored some amazing deals. Of course I got off of the bus early to get a bit of walking in.

I also saw a sweet mural on the way :)

Here's my bounty: beets with some awesome beet greens, carrots, a huge cauliflower, peppers, radishes, green onions, smoked ham hock to make split pea and ham soup, some wildflower honey from local Mennonites, flax fed free range eggs, extra lean bacon, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, corn on the cob, tomatoes and lettuce

Then this afternoon Ralph and I went on a quick bike ride because it was supposed to rain which it never did.

Overall I'm very happy with the way today went.

Breakfast: Breakfast wrap with egg, extra lean ham, peppers and onions, low carb wrap, cheese and 1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch: veggies, chicken breast, plums and Greek yogurt Simply Filling

Dinner: bbq'd salmon, salad with President's choice pear walnut vinaigrette, corn on the cob simply fillling + 1pp