Monday, August 17, 2015

New to me finds

So once again I woke up early today. I really feel drained when I don't get enough shut eye!

I had some errands to run today and decided to stop in my favourite health food store to grab some cream and eggs and found a couple of new products that I'm excited to try.

First I've been looking for cheese made from raw milk and I finally found some. Tonight I had just a bit on top of an angus burger and oh my it was delicious. So much flavour.

The second thing I bought was some organic sauerkraut to get some natural probiotics. The one I bought has 2 ingredients cabbage and pink salt. I looked at regular sauerkraut sold in Wal Mart etc and they had sulfates and quite a few had sugar. The health food store also had some amazing kale kimchi that I think I will pick up next time. It's also a naturally fermented product.

Tomorrow I get a new CSA box from the farmer and I'm so excited to see what will be in it. I'm loving all the choices I have in the fridge.

I did get a 30 minute walk in but it's was crazy hot and humid today and I was feeling it by the end of the walk. So I went to the mall and got some indoor walking in.

Breakfast: oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes with berries, coconut oil 8pp

Lunch: endive leaves stuffed with some wild salmon/mayo/kale/onion, sauerkraut, beets and a peach 5pp

Dinner: Angus burger topped with 1/2 oz of the organic cheese, kale, 1 tsp butter, tomato and onion 10pp

Other: organic 10% cream for coffees and xyla to sweeten them 4pp

No comments: