Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What the scale doesn't show

I normally weigh in daily. It works for me and I can see patterns in why it goes up and down.

Woke up this morning and the scale was up +2.2 lbs. Did I cry, go stuff my head in a tub of ice cream or stop tracking? NO

What the number on the scale this morning doesn't show is that it was really humid yesterday and I drank a lot of water. I made over 10,000 steps. I also stayed on plan. I'm sensitive to sodium so that was probably a factor as well. I have no doubt I'll be back to yesterday's weight tomorrow or the next day. Onwards and downwards

Don't let the scale dictate what kind of day you will have! Stay strong

Today I went on a very hot and muggy 50 minute walk and biked for 46 minutes.
Here's Sarah's grocery haul video for today!

Breakfast: 1/2c egg whites omelet, baby spinach, slice of velveeta cheese, grapefruit, slice of sprouted Silverhills Squirrelly toast with 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin butter and fat free cream for coffees 5pp

Lunch: 2 home made spring rolls made with crab, 2 Tbsp blue menu Memories of Schwesan Szechwan 1pp, apple 4pp

Dinner: 1c whole wheat pasta, 1/2c pasta sauce, veggies, Sara Lee pound cake slice, thawed frozen strawberries, light whipped cream 11pp

Other: glass of red wine 5pp


  • Water:14c it was very hot and humid
  • Exercise: 50 minute walk, 46 minutes of biking plus walking in a mall!
  • Steps: 13,967
  • Weeklies: 49-0=49
  • Activity points: 7

2 comments:

FogDog said...

If you know daily weigh-ins have variations and you can explain them, then I have to ask... why bother weigh-in every day? I understand that daily weigh-ins works for a lot of people but I just don't get it.

Suzanne said...

I like to see which way it's trending so that I can put the brakes on early if I see that it continues to go up.
Some like to weigh in monthly, some weekly and some of us daily. Whatever works best for you.