Saturday, May 23, 2015

Resisting temptation

A lot of people have said to me "how do I stay on plan when I work at a coffee/donut shop". Well it's no secret really I just take my own food and don't buy any food at work. The only time would buy something is maybe some chicken noodle soup if I've forgotten my food or a mini whole wheat bun to go with what I take.

For myself this is the only way I can stay on plan. I cannot eat 1/2 a donut and put the other down. I know myself very well, moderation is not in my dna. Everyone's different but that's what works for me. I bought some Sara Lee pound cake portions this week and they are individually wrapped and when I got them home I said to myself if I over eat them or eat them when they are not planned they won't come back in my house. So far I've only had one planned one and I'm quite happy with that.

I know my triggers and I simply cannot have them in the house. Period!

How do you resist temptation?

Back to work today. I'm strong and it will be an awesome day!

Here's Sarah's video for today!

Breakfast: French toast made with Silverhills Squirrely sprouted bread x 2, egg whites, 1 tbsp fat free cream, cinnamon, sweetener, banana, slivered almonds and sugar free syrup. 5 Tbsp fat free creamer for today's coffees 10pp

Lunch: lettuce leaf with imitation crab, light mayo, onion and peppers, 1/3c plain bean medley with 1/2 tbsp bolthouse honey dijon dressing, 1/2c raspberries, 1/4c blackberries and a fiber one brownie 7pp

At work: extra lean ham, light cheese, foldit, tomatoes, cucumbers, 1c cherries and light yogurt 6pp

  • Water: 9c
  • Steps: 12,048
  • Exercise: just running around at work for 8 hours
  • Weeklies: 47-0=47
  • Activity points: 35+5=40

3 comments:

Weight Watcher Cape Cod Woman said...

I love what you wrote about how you
DON'T eat a thing at work-- period.. that's how it is for me, too, Suzanne... awesome display of food... it all looks SOOOOOO delish.. I love your blog.. until today I had no idea where you worked.. you ROCK~!~ Sarah

Suzanne said...

Thanks Sarah!

Karla said...

I totally get the whole nothing from work thought. I am a grocery store manager and the easy food there is chips, cookies and chocolate. I can't even buy trail Mox cause I eat the whole bag! I even take my own water! Plan plan plan