Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tools and things that help me to stay on plan!

1. Believe it or not a tidy kitchen. It's great when I come up with an idea for a recipe and I can just pull out what I need and everything is in it's place.
2. Having measuring cups, measuring spoon and a food scale ready to use in a convenient spot.
3. Buying things that can be a trigger at a bulk food store or section of the grocery store. I can't have packets of chocolate chips sitting in my kitchen so I buy 1 or 2 Tbsp worth at the bulk store and I can still enjoy them.
4. Flavored coffee and teas help to satisfy my sweet tooth.
5. A good non stick pan. Helps you to enjoy cooking and you won't mind the cleaning up as much.  My husband bought me a set of The Rock by starfrit and they are amazing!!

6. Small plates which really helps me to keep my portions in line.
7. Measure and weigh! I guarantee either you are having too much or less than you could have if you don't
8. Have fruits and veggies ready to grab in the fridge.
9. A mandolin is really fast for slices veggies and fruits nice and evenly. Just be sure to use the finger/hand guard so you don't cut yourself.
10. Never be afraid to ask for help. There are a lot of people who are very happy to offer help.
11. Make sure you have containers the right size so that when you're out and about you can grab some healthy foods/snacks to take with you.
12. Keep empty liquid water enhancers like crystal light and clean them out. They are great to fill with salad dressings or low fat cream to pop in your purse. They don't leak. It's a great way to measure and keep track of things on the go.
13. Although I do Weight Watchers online I like keeping track with a pencil and paper. Do whatever works best for you.
14. A stick blender. These are so great for making soups or smoothies.
15. I didn't buy a veggetti but I did get a julienne peeler which works great :)

16. A device to track activity. I have the fitbit flex which I love but it could be a pedometer or an Active Link
17. Don't bring things into your house that you know are a trigger to binge on. Hard but true.
18. Good shoes specifically for walking or running. They really do make a big difference.
19. Kitchen charts that help when making 1/2 a recipe etc.

16. A device to track activity. I have the fitbit flex which I love but it could be a pedometer or an Active Link
17. Don't bring things into your house that you know are a trigger to binge on. Hard but true.
18. Good shoes specifically for walking or running. They really do make a big difference.
19. Kitchen charts that help when making 1/2 a recipe etc.
20. Weight Watchers! Love them :)

2 comments:

Deidre Podlesnik said...

Thanks for the helpful information! Really do appreciate and love all the posts that you do in our FB group. And I think, but don't know for sure, that you are fellow Canadian! I know you have the same problems I do finding all the FF ingredients that everyone in the US works with!

Suzanne said...

Yes I'm a fellow Canuck :)